Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fall Semester Reflection

Do you read your colleagues’ work online? How often? What is it like to read their work? How does being able to see everyone’s work online at any given time change the way you do your work?
 I do read my colleagues work maybe once a week. Reading their work makes me see what type of person they are and the way they think of things. Beign able to see other peoples work online  changes the way I do work mostly in the way that things are formatted and certain words used to describe something.
How has the publicly and always visible course blog made this course different from one without a blog? How would the course change if the course blog disappeared tomorrow?
This blog always when I have missed class for one day or forgotten the homeowork for the day. It is very easy to just be able to look at this blog when I have questions. If the blog disappeared I would most likely be lost.
Has publishing your work for the public to see changed your approach to completing an assignment? How so? How would your feelings about the course change if you couldn’t publish your work that way?
I am very self-conscious in the work that I write. So this being for the public view makes me feel as if people were judgeing me. My feelings would be relieved because then I would not have to worry about other people thinking I am dumb.
Has your experience of the physical classroom changed because of the open & online aspects? Where does your learning actually happen? 
I feel like my learning happend both online and in the classroom. Being face to face with someone is a lot better in understanding what they are trying to say to you then online.  
You were described in the Macarthur Foundation/DML interview as “a pioneer”-- how do you describe the experience on the edge to people who haven’t been there (friends and family)?
The expierence of this class is different but I aslo feel as in insight onto what future class would look like as to the online working.
How do they respond when you describe the brave new world in which you’re working?
Many people think it is cool that people are able to have their own blog but also they think it is hard to keep up with technology espically when they are older.
What do their responses mean to you? What effect(s) (if any) do they have on you?
They do not relly have any effects on me becuase the people outside of this classroom that I talk to face to face for example family to not read my work online.

No comments:

Post a Comment